We are looking for a French or Belgian qualified lawyer to join our Technology Outsourcing &, Privacy team in Brussels.
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world’s most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and government departments.
Fieldfisher’s Technology Outsourcing & Privacy team is one of the largest and most specialized European privacy and technology teams. We are a truly specialist, market-leading team with international coverage and unique expertise gained over years of advising on business-critical global privacy and data protection projects and technology work. We assist and advise both multinational organizations and start-up companies on all aspects of data protection compliance (GDPR compliance programme, international data transfers, data breach management, privacy policies, etc.) and we help companies with the regulatory aspects of doing business online (e-commerce, apps, cookies, direct marketing, etc.). Our lawyers are multi-jurisdictional and multi-lingual and work seamlessly together across our different international offices.
You will be working on a whole range of privacy and data protection matters, including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, international data transfers, data security breaches, direct marketing and ePrivacy. You will be advising international clients on data protection issues both on EU level and under national law.
In addition, you will assist clients on general technology-related matters, such as e-commerce or cloud computing, and will be involved in the negotiation of complex IT contracts.
Most of the work will be carried out in English but may also include some Dutch or French.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
• A Belgian or French Master in Law degree with excellent results;
• An LLM or Specialised Master’s degree in privacy or ICT law or significant working experience in English speaking technology or data environment;
• 1-3 years’ experience working in an international law firm or as an in-house privacy and/or legal counsel;
• Fluent in English and working command in French and/or Dutch;
• Strong interest in technology;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• You are thorough, attentive to detail and able to summarize complex legal issues in plain English;
• You are proactive, pragmatic, and have a good sense of autonomy.
• You are either based in Brussels, or willing to relocate here.
We offer you
You will be joining a top-ranking international privacy practice. We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and highly stimulating environment. We also offer fascinating work and training, as well as the human and material support necessary for the development of your experience. You also benefit from a very attractive payment and from diverse benefits.
Boulevard Louis Schmidt 29/15, 1040 Brussels
02 742 70 00