Bird & Bird’s rapidly growing Financial Regulations team in Brussels is hiring a junior associate with a passion for payment and digital services
What you’ll do
• You will handle financial services regulatory matters across a broad range of financial services regulated activities;
• You will work for international clients developing the latest technologies and enjoy challenging work from day one;
• You will be given responsibility and have direct client contact;
• You will take part in marketing and business development initiatives in a truly international firm;
• You will have an opportunity to develop your legal, business and interpersonal skills through training and feedback from experienced colleagues;
• You will be in constant interaction with members of the global Bird & Bird Fintech team;
• You will work in a friendly, inclusive working environment;
• You will benefit from an agile working environment where you can balance your time working in the office and at home;
• You will have the opportunity to participate in various social activities and events of our Brussels office and beyond.
We are interested in hearing from you if you have:
• A strong appetite to develop your career in financial services;
• Up to 4 years’ experience as a lawyer, ideally but not necessarily advising on financial services regulations;
• The ability to provide clear, precise and practical advice that helps clients in their day-to-day business;
• A commitment to stay up-to-date with the legal developments in the area of financial services regulations, and in particular payments regulations (we will obviously help with that);
• A strong appetite for business development activities;
• A desire to work hand-in-hand with colleagues around the globe in an open, informal and entrepreneurial culture;
• An excellent command of English in addition to an intermediate level of Dutch and French;
• A law degree that’s backed up by strong academic results.
The Financial Regulations team is made up of recognised experts with years of experience advising clients on financial services regulations. Our firm is focused on helping organisations being changed by technology and the digital world – this is particularly true when it comes to the law and regulation related to financial services. Clients rely on us for our outstanding track record at the intersection of technology and financial services, resulting in our Fintech expertise across innovative payment services, investment services, blockchain technology, open data and APIs, robo-advice, and new lending platforms.
Major international and domestic banks (both retail and investment), payment institutions and e-money institutions, funds, asset managers, insurers turn to us for advice. The team serves all types of financial services organisations, IT suppliers and others. We work closely with a client’s in-house legal and compliance personnel, providing a wide range of assistance on their regulatory requirements and matters of financial services law.
A number of the world’s largest companies in the payments value chain turn to us for advice on payments regulation, such as PSD2 and the ‘level 2’ documents under PSD2, the EU Interchange Fee Regulation, the EU Cross-Border Regulation, the EU SEPA Regulation and other regulations relevant to our financial services clients such as AML regulations, outsourcing regulations and other financial services regulations.
Take the next step
You think you are the right fit for the role? Apply here or send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or would like more information ahead of potentially applying, you can contact Scott McInnes, either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+32 2 282 60 59), for a confidential discussion.
Learn more about our firm at www.twobirds.com. In particular, you can find all our Payments related publications on our Payment Services In Focus page. You can also find the latest updates from our team on LinkedIn.
Louizalaan 235/1, 1050 Elsene